According to Daily Wire, multiple top officials at the White House kept their positions in government in violation of federal law. It was illegal for them to keep their jobs, but they got to keep them anyway because some people in positions of power feel that they are above the law.
Criminals At The Highest Level of Government. A Government watchdog group called The Government Accountability Office has issued 5 separate reports revealing that 7 top officials working for Joe Biden are holding their positions illegally.
Here’s the list of 7 officials implicated in these findings:
- Deidre Harrison, serving in the White House Office of Management and Budget.
- Allison Randall, the acting Director of the DOJ’s Office on Violence Against Women.
- Tae D. Johnson, the acting Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
- Karen Freeman, Craig Hart, and Ann Marie Yastishock, all of whom served as the Assistant Administrator of the Bureau for Asia within the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Charlotte A. Dye, the acting General Counsel of the Federal Labor Relations Authority.
For context, The Federal Vacancies Reform Act of 1998 “establishes requirements for temporarily filling vacant positions in Executive Branch agencies that require presidential appointment and Senate confirmation.”
All of these officials were chosen as “temporary” officials. Under the law, they are only allowed to serve as an acting official for up to 210 days with some exceptions of up to 300 days in special circumstances while a more permanent choice was chosen by the United States Senate.
They must then be chosen by the Senate in a special vote. Yet, these officials outstayed their legal welcome. And by doing so, they illegally held their positions.
Ronald Reagan said it best. “Nothing in the world is so permanent as a temporary government program”